The Greatest Commandment: Love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul, mind, and strength (Mark 12:28-31).
One of the ways we can love God with all our minds is to study God (theology = the study of God).
Why should we study theology?
1. We want to know God better.
2. We want to glorify and worship God to the best of our ability.
3. We want to be a faithful witness of God and His ways.
4. We want to promote unity and purity in the church.
5. We want to correct our wrong and erroneous beliefs.
6. We want to be mature and stable Christians who remain steadfast to the end.
So, with what attitude should we study God?
1. We should study God sticking closely to the Bible.
2. We should study God with prayer.
3. We should study God with humility.
4. We should study God in community with one another.
5. We should study God with faith and confidence.
6. We should study God with worship and praise.