An Interview with Duane Litfin on “Word vs. Deed”
From Justin Taylor:
With a PhD in communication (Purdue University) and a PhD in New Testament (Oxford University), Duane Litfin—president emeritus of Wheaton College—is in a unique position to write on the relationship between words and deeds, between verbal and non-verbal communication. In his new book Word versus Deed: Resetting the Scales to a Biblical Balance (Crossway, 2012), he explores this issues, arguing that both are essential and must be understood in their proper relationship.
In the video below I ask him a few questions about the project:
About Peter CockrellI am currently serving churches and colleges as a bible teacher, overseas and in the UK.
Dedicated to proclaiming and demonstrating the gospel of the glory of Jesus Christ.
The Plot-Line of the Bible
The Mission of the Church
- Holding Fast to Truth in a Doubting Age thegospelcoalition.org/blogs/tgc/?p=4… via @tgc - Tweeted 13 hours ago
- What Do Expiation and Propitiation Mean? nblo.gs/W5FmM - Tweeted 22 hours ago
- It’s Friday—But Sunday’s Comin’ shar.es/TYdIz via @sharethis - Tweeted 1 day ago
- On the Cross: The Multifaceted Diamond of Christ’s Atoning Work nblo.gs/W3BA9 - Tweeted 1 day ago
- Christianity as it was defined originally by Christ nblo.gs/W2vyV - Tweeted 2 days ago
- What Do Expiation and Propitiation Mean?
- On the Cross: The Multifaceted Diamond of Christ’s Atoning Work
- Christianity as it was defined originally by Christ
- What Does It Mean to Know Nothing except Christ and Him Crucified?
- Take God at His Word: Kevin DeYoung on the Character of Scripture
- 10 Pastors I’m Concerned About
- That’s how you got saved
- The Hollowing Effect of Sin
- The Secret to Creating [Church] Community
- How Many People Go To Your Church?
|Nancy Shaw on Amazing Grace: Just the Black…|
|Brian Wakeman on How Many People Go To Your…|
|Brian Wakeman on Ten Lessons from a Hospital…|
|Mark Warden on Ten Lessons from a Hospital…|
|Sampson Agodzo on Preach the Gospel to Your…|
|Peter Cockrell on Is Church Membership Really…|
|mike on Is Church Membership Really…|
|Brian Wakeman on Lost|
|Joshua on Christ Must Satisfy My Heart o…|
|Peter Cockrell on Red Letter Nonsense|
- Have You Found What You’re Looking For? (Easter Sunday) April 20, 2014 Tony Reinke
- Let His Blood Be on Us (Holy Saturday) April 19, 2014 Marshall Segal
- Jesus Between the Criminals April 18, 2014 Stephen Witmer
- It Is Finished (Good Friday) April 18, 2014 Jon Bloom
- It Is Well with My Soul April 17, 2014 Marshall Segal
- There and Back Again April 18, 2014 Betsy Childs
- Holding Fast to Truth in a Doubting Age April 18, 2014 David Schrock
- On My Shelf: Life and Books with Matt Chandler April 17, 2014 Matt Smethurst
- Resources for Wrestling with Contentment April 17, 2014 Trent Hunter
- When Jesus Said Farewell April 17, 2014 Collin Hansen