1. The divinity of Christ is the most distinctively Christian doctrine of all.
2. The essential difference between orthodox, traditional, biblical, apostolic, historic, creedal Christianity and revisionist, modernist, liberal Christianity is right here.
3. The doctrine works like a skeleton key, unlocking all other doctrinal doors of Christianity.
4. If Christ is divine, then the incarnation, or “enfleshing” of God, is the most important event in history.
5. There is an unparalleled existential bite to this doctrine. For if Christ is God, then, since he is omnipotent and present right now, he can transform you and your life right now as nothing and no one else possibly can.
6. If Christ is divine, he has a right to our entire lives, including our inner life and our thoughts.
This new Crossway book is presented here.
(HT: Ray Ortlund)