Tim Keller, Gospel in Life: Grace Changes Everything, p. 201 (my italics):
The gospel produces a constellation of traits in us:
- We are compelled to share the gospel out of love.
- We are freed from the fear of being ridiculed or hurt by others, since we already have the favor of God by grace.
- There is a humility in our dealings with others, because we know we are saved only by grace, not because of our superior insight or character.
- We are hopeful about anyone, even the “hard cases,” because we were saved only because of grace ourselves.
- We are courteous and careful with people. We don’t have to push or coerce them, for it is God’s grace that opens hearts, not our eloquence or persistence or even their openness.
(HT: Justin Taylor)
2 thoughts on “How Being Saved by Grace Frees Us to Share the Gospel”
Amen I like this post, mind if I re post it on mine?
Go for it! The more who read it the better.