John Piper Quotes
My thanks to Rick Ianniello for posting this.
For those that enjoy Piper and quotes, here’s 20 Tweetable John Piper Quotes by Jared Totten:
- God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him.
- All heroes are shadows of Christ.
- Sin is what you feel and think and do when you are not taking God at His Word and resting in His promises.
- Sin is what you do when you are not satisfied in God.
- Prayer causes things to happen that wouldn’t happen if the prayer doesn’t happen.
- Until you know that life is war, you cannot know what prayer is for.
- Satan wants you, and God wants you. The one with sadistic hate. The other with sacrificial love.
- God does not kill joy. He kills sin. That is, he kills what will finally kill all joy.
- If you live gladly to make others glad in God, life will be hard, risks will be high, and your joy will be full.
- A God-centered God created a God-centered cosmos that he saves by a God-centered cross.
- The end of the creation is that God may communicate happiness to the creature.
- Boasting is the voice of pride in the heart of the strong. Self-pity is the voice of pride in the heart of the weak.
- Grace is the enabling gift of God not to sin. Grace is power, not just pardon.
- I measure Your love for me by the magnitude of the wrath I deserved and the wonder of Your mercy by putting Christ in my place.
- The climax of God’s happiness is the delight He takes in the echoes of His excellence in the praises of His people.
- The goal of preaching is the glory of God reflected in the glad submission of his creation.
- The cross is not a mere event in history; it’s a way of life! “Take up your cross daily” Jesus said!
- Relativism no longer means: your claim to truth is no more valid than mine; but now means: you may not claim to speak the truth.
- Missions is not the ultimate goal of the church. Worship is. Missions exists because worship doesn’t.
- Strong affections for God, rooted in and shaped by the truth of Scripture – this is the bone and marrow of biblical worship.