Theology is practical
Theology makes all the difference in your life.
In John 10, as John Piper explains, the doctrine of Jesus’s deity is presented in terms of its upmost impact on how we live. In short, because Jesus and the Father are one, our souls are incredibly secure (John 1:28–30).
Biblical doctrine is not for the abstract. It’s for where you are right now.
This excerpt is from the sermon, “I and the Father Are One” (August 20, 2011).
About Peter CockrellI am currently serving churches and colleges as a bible teacher, overseas and in the UK.
Dedicated to proclaiming and demonstrating the gospel of the glory of Jesus Christ.
The Plot-Line of the Bible
The Mission of the Church
- The Empty Tomb nblo.gs/W7gXB - Tweeted 6 hours ago
- Holding Fast to Truth in a Doubting Age thegospelcoalition.org/blogs/tgc/?p=4… via @tgc - Tweeted 21 hours ago
- What Do Expiation and Propitiation Mean? nblo.gs/W5FmM - Tweeted 1 day ago
- It’s Friday—But Sunday’s Comin’ shar.es/TYdIz via @sharethis - Tweeted 1 day ago
- On the Cross: The Multifaceted Diamond of Christ’s Atoning Work nblo.gs/W3BA9 - Tweeted 2 days ago
- The Empty Tomb
- What Do Expiation and Propitiation Mean?
- On the Cross: The Multifaceted Diamond of Christ’s Atoning Work
- Christianity as it was defined originally by Christ
- What Does It Mean to Know Nothing except Christ and Him Crucified?
- Take God at His Word: Kevin DeYoung on the Character of Scripture
- 10 Pastors I’m Concerned About
- That’s how you got saved
- The Hollowing Effect of Sin
- The Secret to Creating [Church] Community
|Nancy Shaw on Amazing Grace: Just the Black…|
|Brian Wakeman on How Many People Go To Your…|
|Brian Wakeman on Ten Lessons from a Hospital…|
|Mark Warden on Ten Lessons from a Hospital…|
|Sampson Agodzo on Preach the Gospel to Your…|
|Peter Cockrell on Is Church Membership Really…|
|mike on Is Church Membership Really…|
|Brian Wakeman on Lost|
|Joshua on Christ Must Satisfy My Heart o…|
|Peter Cockrell on Red Letter Nonsense|
- Have You Found What You’re Looking For? (Easter Sunday) April 20, 2014 Tony Reinke
- Let His Blood Be on Us (Holy Saturday) April 19, 2014 Marshall Segal
- Jesus Between the Criminals April 18, 2014 Stephen Witmer
- It Is Finished (Good Friday) April 18, 2014 Jon Bloom
- It Is Well with My Soul April 17, 2014 Marshall Segal
- There and Back Again April 18, 2014 Betsy Childs
- Holding Fast to Truth in a Doubting Age April 18, 2014 David Schrock
- On My Shelf: Life and Books with Matt Chandler April 17, 2014 Matt Smethurst
- Resources for Wrestling with Contentment April 17, 2014 Trent Hunter
- When Jesus Said Farewell April 17, 2014 Collin Hansen