Theology is practical
Theology makes all the difference in your life.
In John 10, as John Piper explains, the doctrine of Jesus’s deity is presented in terms of its upmost impact on how we live. In short, because Jesus and the Father are one, our souls are incredibly secure (John 1:28–30).
Biblical doctrine is not for the abstract. It’s for where you are right now.
This excerpt is from the sermon, “I and the Father Are One” (August 20, 2011).
About Peter CockrellI am currently serving churches and colleges as a bible teacher, overseas and in the UK.
Dedicated to proclaiming and demonstrating the gospel of the glory of Jesus Christ.
The Plot-Line of the Bible
The Mission of the Church
- More Blessed than the Virgin Mary nblo.gs/RQlK2 - Tweeted 20 hours ago
- When We Send a Person to His Death nblo.gs/RNSgB - Tweeted 3 days ago
- Clothed with his righteousness alone nblo.gs/RNHLJ - Tweeted 3 days ago
- Nobody Does Not Worship nblo.gs/RNDf7 - Tweeted 3 days ago
- Union with Christ nblo.gs/RJos4 - Tweeted 4 days ago
|Heidi Viars on When We Send a Person to His…|
|gaustin00 on When We Send a Person to His…|
|JD Blom on When We Send a Person to His…|
|Calvin Kharshiing on About|
|boldncourageous on A Great Multitude and a Great…|
|Brian E. Wakeman on How to Magnify God|
|Brian E. Wakeman on Praise: The Consummation of…|
|Brian E. Wakeman on The Deciding Factor in Sa…|
|Peter Cockrell on How John Owen Might Have Respo…|
|Nigel Poulton on How John Owen Might Have Respo…|
- For All Who Ever Lost a Child December 9, 2013 Jon Bloom
- Living with the Loss of a Loved One December 9, 2013 David Mathis
- The Hopes and Fears of All the Years December 8, 2013 Tony Reinke
- When We Send a Person to His Death December 7, 2013 John Piper
- Lay Aside the Weight of Christmas Expectations December 6, 2013 Jon Bloom
- Simon Gathercole: Can Paul’s Theology of Atonement Be Defended? December 10, 2013 Justin Taylor
- Did God Sanction Slavery in the Old Testament? December 9, 2013 Justin Taylor
- Are You More Blessed than the Virgin Mary? December 9, 2013 Justin Taylor
- Why the New Book by David Wells Is Different and How It Relates to His Earlier Works December 7, 2013 Justin Taylor
- 5 Theological Errors of the Prosperity “Gospel” December 7, 2013 Justin Taylor
- Speak Truth with Power December 10, 2013 Chris Castaldo
- Keith Getty on What Makes 'In Christ Alone' Accepted and Contested December 10, 2013 Collin Hansen
- Dealing with Demons December 10, 2013 Eowyn Stoddard
- Do Tummy Aches Disprove God? December 9, 2013 Joe Carter
- On Football, Warrior Culture, and Manhood December 9, 2013 Owen Strachan