You can read a review of Zack’s book, Sensing Jesus, here.
(HT: Justin Buzzard)
About Peter CockrellI am currently serving churches and colleges as a bible teacher, overseas and in the UK.
Dedicated to proclaiming and demonstrating the gospel of the glory of Jesus Christ.
"The Gospel is the news that Jesus Christ, the Righteous One, died for our sins and rose again, eternally triumphant over all his enemies, so that there is now no condemnation for those who believe, but only everlasting joy. God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him. The essence of faith is being satisfied with all that God is for us in Jesus” - John Piper
The Plot-Line of the Bible
What God has done to reconcile sinners to himself through Jesus Christ.
"An evangelical is recognized by a passion for the gospel of Jesus Christ, by a deep commitment to biblical truth, by a sense of urgency to see lost persons hear the gospel, and by a commitment to personal holiness and the local church... Evangelicalism is a movement of confessional believers who are determined by God’s grace to conserve this faith in the face of its reduction or corruption, even as they gladly take this gospel to the ends of the earth in order to see the nations exult in the name of Jesus Christ." - Albert Mohler
The Mission of the Church
"The mission of the church is to go into the world and make disciples by declaring the gospel of Jesus Christ in the power of the Spirit and gathering these disciples into churches, that they might worship and obey Jesus Christ now and in eternity to the glory of God the Father." - Kevin DeYoung & Greg Gilbert:
- The Empty Tomb nblo.gs/W7gXB - Tweeted 10 hours ago
- Holding Fast to Truth in a Doubting Age thegospelcoalition.org/blogs/tgc/?p=4… via @tgc - Tweeted 1 day ago
- What Do Expiation and Propitiation Mean? nblo.gs/W5FmM - Tweeted 1 day ago
- It’s Friday—But Sunday’s Comin’ shar.es/TYdIz via @sharethis - Tweeted 2 days ago
- On the Cross: The Multifaceted Diamond of Christ’s Atoning Work nblo.gs/W3BA9 - Tweeted 2 days ago
- The Empty Tomb
- What Do Expiation and Propitiation Mean?
- On the Cross: The Multifaceted Diamond of Christ’s Atoning Work
- Christianity as it was defined originally by Christ
- What Does It Mean to Know Nothing except Christ and Him Crucified?
- Take God at His Word: Kevin DeYoung on the Character of Scripture
- 10 Pastors I’m Concerned About
- That’s how you got saved
- The Hollowing Effect of Sin
- The Secret to Creating [Church] Community
|Nancy Shaw on Amazing Grace: Just the Black…|
|Brian Wakeman on How Many People Go To Your…|
|Brian Wakeman on Ten Lessons from a Hospital…|
|Mark Warden on Ten Lessons from a Hospital…|
|Sampson Agodzo on Preach the Gospel to Your…|
|Peter Cockrell on Is Church Membership Really…|
|mike on Is Church Membership Really…|
|Brian Wakeman on Lost|
|Joshua on Christ Must Satisfy My Heart o…|
|Peter Cockrell on Red Letter Nonsense|
- Have You Found What You’re Looking For? (Easter Sunday) April 20, 2014 Tony Reinke
- Let His Blood Be on Us (Holy Saturday) April 19, 2014 Marshall Segal
- Jesus Between the Criminals April 18, 2014 Stephen Witmer
- It Is Finished (Good Friday) April 18, 2014 Jon Bloom
- It Is Well with My Soul April 17, 2014 Marshall Segal
- There and Back Again April 18, 2014 Betsy Childs
- Holding Fast to Truth in a Doubting Age April 18, 2014 David Schrock
- On My Shelf: Life and Books with Matt Chandler April 17, 2014 Matt Smethurst
- Resources for Wrestling with Contentment April 17, 2014 Trent Hunter
- When Jesus Said Farewell April 17, 2014 Collin Hansen