Knowledge Doesn’t Mean Maturity
Our heads learn faster than our hearts, and that means danger.
Just because you can communicate an idea does not mean you have submitted yourself to it. And if we are not careful, we will mistake the communication part as the barometer of our maturity.
Paul Tripp calls it “academizing” the faith — when we define our spiritual growth by our biblical literacy. But as he warns, “You can be theologically astute and be dramatically spiritually immature.”
Get Paul’s book, Dangerous Calling (Crossway, 2012).
About Peter CockrellI am currently serving churches and colleges as a bible teacher, overseas and in the UK.
Dedicated to proclaiming and demonstrating the gospel of the glory of Jesus Christ.
The Plot-Line of the Bible
The Mission of the Church
- Five Errors to Drop From Your Easter Sermon via @CTMagazine rpx.me/Xgft - Tweeted 15 hours ago
- Take God at His Word: Kevin DeYoung on the Character of Scripture nblo.gs/VWH6w - Tweeted 16 hours ago
- Cultural Engagement that Avoids Triumphalism and Accommodation thegospelcoalition.org/blogs/tgc/?p=4… via @tgc - Tweeted 1 day ago
- 10 Pastors I’m Concerned About nblo.gs/VUupG - Tweeted 1 day ago
- That’s how you got saved nblo.gs/VT8eo - Tweeted 2 days ago
- Take God at His Word: Kevin DeYoung on the Character of Scripture
- 10 Pastors I’m Concerned About
- That’s how you got saved
- The Hollowing Effect of Sin
- The Secret to Creating [Church] Community
- How Many People Go To Your Church?
- What’s Wrong With Producing a “Worship Experience”?
- Only in the New is the Old revealed
- Moralism is Not the Gospel (But Many Christians Think it Is)
- Ten Lessons from a Hospital Bed
|Brian Wakeman on How Many People Go To Your…|
|Brian Wakeman on Ten Lessons from a Hospital…|
|Mark Warden on Ten Lessons from a Hospital…|
|Sampson Agodzo on Preach the Gospel to Your…|
|Peter Cockrell on Is Church Membership Really…|
|mike on Is Church Membership Really…|
|Brian Wakeman on Lost|
|Joshua on Christ Must Satisfy My Heart o…|
|Peter Cockrell on Red Letter Nonsense|
|Brian Wakeman on Red Letter Nonsense|
- Spy Wednesday April 16, 2014 David Mathis
- Propaganda About God’s Purpose in Our Past April 15, 2014 Marshall Segal
- The Escalating Conflict (Tuesday of Holy Week) April 15, 2014 Justin Taylor and Andreas Köstenberger
- Five Helps for Your Holy Week April 14, 2014 Jonathan Parnell
- No Turning Back (Monday of Holy Week) April 14, 2014 Justin Taylor and Andreas Köstenberger
- Holy Week, Day 4: Wednesday April 16, 2014 Justin Taylor
- Why It Matters Theologically and Historically That Women Were the First to Discover the Empty Tomb April 15, 2014 Justin Taylor
- Holy Week, Day 3: Tuesday April 15, 2014 Justin Taylor
- One Jesus: Four Pictures April 14, 2014 Justin Taylor
- Holy Week, Day 2: Monday April 14, 2014 Justin Taylor
- Seeking True Beauty as a Spokesmodel April 16, 2014 Bethany Jenkins
- The Assumption We Cannot Afford April 16, 2014 Jen Wilkin
- Taking Tech for Granted April 16, 2014 Richard Clark
- How to Work Ahead on Sermon Prep April 15, 2014 Jeramie Rinne
- Take God at His Word: Kevin DeYoung on the Character of Scripture April 15, 2014 Matt Smethurst