Where Is Your Identity?
Stop looking at yourself in carnival mirrors. This is one plea from Paul Tripp’s new book, Dangerous Calling. Carnival mirrors give us a distortion of who we really are, and they’re everywhere we look.
This is especially true of the pastor or ministry leader who is tempted to stay locked in on the horizontal level. The danger is to mistake our work to be what defines us — to be so fixed on the “carnival mirror of ministry” that we buy as our true identity the twisted depiction it reflects. Paul Tripp explains:
(HT: Desiring God)
About Peter CockrellI am currently serving churches and colleges as a bible teacher, overseas and in the UK.
Dedicated to proclaiming and demonstrating the gospel of the glory of Jesus Christ.
The Plot-Line of the Bible
The Mission of the Church
- The False Teachers: Benny Hinn | Challies Dot Com - challi.es/QxAv8J - Tweeted 6 hours ago
- The particular business of Jesus nblo.gs/WbYbu - Tweeted 22 hours ago
- The truth about penal substitution nblo.gs/WbFDE - Tweeted 1 day ago
- Themelios | Article: Do The Work Of An Evangelist | The Gospel Coalition thegospelcoalition.org/themelios/arti… via @twitterapi - Tweeted 1 day ago
- How we overcome nblo.gs/W9H7k - Tweeted 2 days ago
- The particular business of Jesus
- The truth about penal substitution
- How we overcome
- The Empty Tomb
- What Do Expiation and Propitiation Mean?
- On the Cross: The Multifaceted Diamond of Christ’s Atoning Work
- Christianity as it was defined originally by Christ
- What Does It Mean to Know Nothing except Christ and Him Crucified?
- Take God at His Word: Kevin DeYoung on the Character of Scripture
- 10 Pastors I’m Concerned About
|theebloominidiot on How we overcome|
|theebloominidiot on The truth about penal sub…|
|Nancy Shaw on Amazing Grace: Just the Black…|
|Brian Wakeman on How Many People Go To Your…|
|Brian Wakeman on Ten Lessons from a Hospital…|
|Mark Warden on Ten Lessons from a Hospital…|
|Sampson Agodzo on Preach the Gospel to Your…|
|Peter Cockrell on Is Church Membership Really…|
|mike on Is Church Membership Really…|
|Brian Wakeman on Lost|
- How I Almost Became a False Teacher April 23, 2014 John Knight
- Grow in Grace at the Table April 23, 2014 David Mathis
- The Universe Is Saying Something April 22, 2014 Dan Dewitt
- An Excellent New Book on Justification April 22, 2014 John Piper
- Love the Single Chapter of Your Life April 21, 2014 Marshall Segal
- Why There Is No Such Thing as “Casual Sex” April 23, 2014 Justin Taylor
- Why Book-Length Responses to Other Books Can Be Helpful April 22, 2014 Justin Taylor
- Livestream: ERLC Leadership Summit on “The Gospel and Human Sexuality” April 21, 2014 Justin Taylor
- τετέλεσται April 20, 2014 Justin Taylor
- Holy Week, Day 8: Sunday April 20, 2014 Justin Taylor
- Gospel Inclusion and Instagram April 23, 2014 Cameron Cole
- Themelios 39.1 April 22, 2014 Andy Naselli
- I Love My Black Letter Bible April 22, 2014 Matt Smethurst
- China on Course to Become 'World's Most Christian Nation' April 21, 2014 Joe Carter
- Explaining Hard Things to Our Children April 21, 2014 Christina Fox