Chuck Colson Remembered
The announcement is here.
Some obituaries and reflections:
Mr. Colson’s memoir Born Again was published in 1975. Earlier that year he had been released from a seven-month stint in federal prison after pleading guilty of obstructing justice in the Watergate investigation. He had converted to Christianity in 1973 after serving four years as Special Counsel for President Richard Nixon. C.S. Lewis’s Mere Christianity was pivotal in his spiritual repentance and awakening. The memoir was made into a 1978 film starring Dean Jones.
In 2005 Jonathan Aitken—himself a former politician turned prisoner turned convert to Christianity turned author—penned an authorized biography, Charles W. Colson: A Life Redeemed (WaterBrook Press).
And here is Prison Fellowship’s video, “Remembering Chuck Colson”:
About Peter CockrellI am currently serving churches and colleges as a bible teacher, overseas and in the UK.
Dedicated to proclaiming and demonstrating the gospel of the glory of Jesus Christ.
The Plot-Line of the Bible
The Mission of the Church
- Christianity as it was defined originally by Christ nblo.gs/W2vyV - Tweeted 34 minutes ago
- What Does It Mean to Know Nothing except Christ and Him Crucified? nblo.gs/VZhz1 - Tweeted 1 day ago
- The desire for even a good thing becomes a bad thing when that desire becomes a ruling thing. — Paul Tripp - Tweeted 1 day ago
- Five Errors to Drop From Your Easter Sermon via @CTMagazine rpx.me/Xgft - Tweeted 1 day ago
- Take God at His Word: Kevin DeYoung on the Character of Scripture nblo.gs/VWH6w - Tweeted 2 days ago
- Christianity as it was defined originally by Christ
- What Does It Mean to Know Nothing except Christ and Him Crucified?
- Take God at His Word: Kevin DeYoung on the Character of Scripture
- 10 Pastors I’m Concerned About
- That’s how you got saved
- The Hollowing Effect of Sin
- The Secret to Creating [Church] Community
- How Many People Go To Your Church?
- What’s Wrong With Producing a “Worship Experience”?
- Only in the New is the Old revealed
|Nancy Shaw on Amazing Grace: Just the Black…|
|Brian Wakeman on How Many People Go To Your…|
|Brian Wakeman on Ten Lessons from a Hospital…|
|Mark Warden on Ten Lessons from a Hospital…|
|Sampson Agodzo on Preach the Gospel to Your…|
|Peter Cockrell on Is Church Membership Really…|
|mike on Is Church Membership Really…|
|Brian Wakeman on Lost|
|Joshua on Christ Must Satisfy My Heart o…|
|Peter Cockrell on Red Letter Nonsense|
- The Greatest Prayer in the World (Maundy Thursday) April 17, 2014 John Piper
- When Envy Turns Deadly April 16, 2014 Joe Rigney
- Spy Wednesday April 16, 2014 David Mathis
- Propaganda About God’s Purpose in Our Past April 15, 2014 Marshall Segal
- The Escalating Conflict (Tuesday of Holy Week) April 15, 2014 Justin Taylor and Andreas Köstenberger
- Holy Week, Day 5: Thursday April 17, 2014 Justin Taylor
- David Platt on Why You Should Not Believe “Heaven Is for Real” April 16, 2014 Justin Taylor
- Holy Week, Day 4: Wednesday April 16, 2014 Justin Taylor
- Why It Matters Theologically and Historically That Women Were the First to Discover the Empty Tomb April 15, 2014 Justin Taylor
- Holy Week, Day 3: Tuesday April 15, 2014 Justin Taylor
- On My Shelf: Life and Books with Matt Chandler April 17, 2014 Matt Smethurst
- Resources for Wrestling with Contentment April 17, 2014 Trent Hunter
- When Jesus Said Farewell April 17, 2014 Collin Hansen
- How Can We Increase Ethnic Diversity in Our Churches? April 17, 2014 Russell Moore
- Seeking True Beauty as a Spokesmodel April 16, 2014 Bethany Jenkins