Chuck Colson Remembered
The announcement is here.
Some obituaries and reflections:
Mr. Colson’s memoir Born Again was published in 1975. Earlier that year he had been released from a seven-month stint in federal prison after pleading guilty of obstructing justice in the Watergate investigation. He had converted to Christianity in 1973 after serving four years as Special Counsel for President Richard Nixon. C.S. Lewis’s Mere Christianity was pivotal in his spiritual repentance and awakening. The memoir was made into a 1978 film starring Dean Jones.
In 2005 Jonathan Aitken—himself a former politician turned prisoner turned convert to Christianity turned author—penned an authorized biography, Charles W. Colson: A Life Redeemed (WaterBrook Press).
And here is Prison Fellowship’s video, “Remembering Chuck Colson”:
About Peter CockrellI am currently serving churches and colleges as a bible teacher, overseas and in the UK.
Dedicated to proclaiming and demonstrating the gospel of the glory of Jesus Christ.
The Plot-Line of the Bible
The Mission of the Church
- Clothed with his righteousness alone nblo.gs/RNHLJ - Tweeted 2 hours ago
- Nobody Does Not Worship nblo.gs/RNDf7 - Tweeted 3 hours ago
- Union with Christ nblo.gs/RJos4 - Tweeted 1 day ago
- The Hole in the Gospel nblo.gs/RHH5j - Tweeted 2 days ago
- [If} The analysis of the problem is too small, ... the gospel is correspondingly reduced. DA Carson - Tweeted 2 days ago
|Calvin Kharshiing on About|
|boldncourageous on A Great Multitude and a Great…|
|Brian E. Wakeman on How to Magnify God|
|Brian E. Wakeman on Praise: The Consummation of…|
|Brian E. Wakeman on The Deciding Factor in Sa…|
|Peter Cockrell on How John Owen Might Have Respo…|
|Nigel Poulton on How John Owen Might Have Respo…|
|Brian E. Wakeman on How John Owen Might Have Respo…|
|MarthaM on What Does It Mean to Serve…|
|elijahworkz on A Whole World Hangs on a …|
- When We Send a Person to His Death December 7, 2013 John Piper
- Lay Aside the Weight of Christmas Expectations December 6, 2013 Jon Bloom
- The Gospel Shadow of Adoption: Amos’s Story December 5, 2013 Stefan Green
- When You Start to Outlive Your Heroes December 5, 2013 John Piper
- Prepare Now for Your Pain December 4, 2013 Bryan DeWire
- Why Hobby Lobby Matters December 6, 2013 Justin Taylor
- Adoption: Bringing Their Son to His New Home December 6, 2013 Justin Taylor
- The Joy, Work, and Beauty of Motherhood: A Day in the Life December 6, 2013 Justin Taylor
- A Dialogue between N. T. Wright and Richard Gaffin December 6, 2013 Justin Taylor
- The Biggest Hole in Our Gospel Is the Gospel Itself December 6, 2013 Justin Taylor
- Scowling at the Angel December 6, 2013 Russ Ramsey
- We Struggle to Imagine Because We Struggle to Remember December 6, 2013 Bethany Jenkins
- 9 Things You Should Know About the Council of Trent December 5, 2013 Joe Carter
- Did Jesus Die to Save Everyone? December 5, 2013 Matt Smethurst
- Answering Four Street-Level Arguments for Sexual Immorality December 5, 2013 Matt Chandler