Turmoil of Soul in the Christian Life
“Part of Christ-like Christian living is turmoil of soul.”
John Piper explains:
This excerpt starts at the 37:44 mark of this week’s sermon.
About Peter CockrellI am currently serving churches and colleges as a bible teacher, overseas and in the UK.
Dedicated to proclaiming and demonstrating the gospel of the glory of Jesus Christ.
"The Gospel is the news that Jesus Christ, the Righteous One, died for our sins and rose again, eternally triumphant over all his enemies, so that there is now no condemnation for those who believe, but only everlasting joy. God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him. The essence of faith is being satisfied with all that God is for us in Jesus” - John Piper
The Plot-Line of the Bible
What God has done to reconcile sinners to himself through Jesus Christ.
"An evangelical is recognized by a passion for the gospel of Jesus Christ, by a deep commitment to biblical truth, by a sense of urgency to see lost persons hear the gospel, and by a commitment to personal holiness and the local church... Evangelicalism is a movement of confessional believers who are determined by God’s grace to conserve this faith in the face of its reduction or corruption, even as they gladly take this gospel to the ends of the earth in order to see the nations exult in the name of Jesus Christ." - Albert Mohler
The Mission of the Church
"The mission of the church is to go into the world and make disciples by declaring the gospel of Jesus Christ in the power of the Spirit and gathering these disciples into churches, that they might worship and obey Jesus Christ now and in eternity to the glory of God the Father." - Kevin DeYoung & Greg Gilbert:
- Grow in Grace at the Table nblo.gs/Wgbk7 - Tweeted 4 hours ago
- Sinner, Come Home via @desiringgod desiringgod.org/blog/posts/sin… - Tweeted 5 hours ago
- The False Teachers: Benny Hinn | Challies Dot Com - challi.es/QxAv8J - Tweeted 1 day ago
- The particular business of Jesus nblo.gs/WbYbu - Tweeted 1 day ago
- The truth about penal substitution nblo.gs/WbFDE - Tweeted 2 days ago
- Grow in Grace at the Table
- The particular business of Jesus
- The truth about penal substitution
- How we overcome
- The Empty Tomb
- What Do Expiation and Propitiation Mean?
- On the Cross: The Multifaceted Diamond of Christ’s Atoning Work
- Christianity as it was defined originally by Christ
- What Does It Mean to Know Nothing except Christ and Him Crucified?
- Take God at His Word: Kevin DeYoung on the Character of Scripture
|theebloominidiot on How we overcome|
|theebloominidiot on The truth about penal sub…|
|Nancy Shaw on Amazing Grace: Just the Black…|
|Brian Wakeman on How Many People Go To Your…|
|Brian Wakeman on Ten Lessons from a Hospital…|
|Mark Warden on Ten Lessons from a Hospital…|
|Sampson Agodzo on Preach the Gospel to Your…|
|Peter Cockrell on Is Church Membership Really…|
|mike on Is Church Membership Really…|
|Brian Wakeman on Lost|
- Fading and Perishable Beauty vs True and Growing Beauty April 24, 2014 Justin Taylor
- How to Train Your Kids: Free Online Training Tonight April 24, 2014 Justin Taylor
- The Discipline of Secrecy and the Joy of Honoring Others April 23, 2014 Justin Taylor
- Why There Is No Such Thing as “Casual Sex” April 23, 2014 Justin Taylor
- Why Book-Length Responses to Other Books Can Be Helpful April 22, 2014 Justin Taylor
- Under Which God? — The Pledge, Public Prayer, and Ceremonial Deism April 24, 2014 Joe Carter
- On My Shelf: Life and Books with Russell Moore April 24, 2014 Matt Smethurst
- Gospel Inclusion and Instagram April 23, 2014 Cameron Cole
- Themelios 39.1 April 22, 2014 Andy Naselli
- I Love My Black Letter Bible April 22, 2014 Matt Smethurst